Re: Conditions in formulas with MathML

MathML is specifically designed to allow extensions such as the following:

<apply>
<csymbol definitionURL="http://bureotriger.de/moeller/if">IF</csymbol>
<apply><!-- condition goes here --></apply>
<apply><!-- first formula goes here --></apply>
<apply><!-- second formula goes here --></apply>
</apply>

This is certainly one markup that would work and is supported.

Note that 1) it is easily recognized as yours and 2) makes use of the
existing constructs.

The basic idea is that the specification should be flexible enough to enable
you to propose an encoding for something not covered by the spec.   If after
time a particular encoding sees wide spread use, it migh lead to some
tweaking of the spec to standardize the new constructs.

Stan Devitt