Conditions in formulas with MathML

From: Jan Moeller <jmo@buerotiger.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:38:21 +0200
To: www-math@w3.org

Hello,

I've got a list of hundrets of simple mathematical formulas like

f(x,y) = x*y
or
f(x,y) = (x-12)*y^2

What I need is a representation of these formulas in a way that allows
to distribute these information easily, e.g. with XML/MathML. Above
formulas are easy to describe with MathML, but how do I describe
formulas with conditions, e.g.:

if(x < 127) then f(x) = x*2
else f(x) = x*3

Background: In the past these formulas were made available as a
programming code (with "if" conditions in it). Different software
systems just called the program method code with input variables as
arguments and got back the function value. But now we need to distribute
these formulas in a way that's not bound to a specific programming
language, e.g. XML.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance!
Jan