RE: MathML Incompatibility

From: Bernhard Keil <Bernhard.Keil@soft4science.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 15:03:53 +0200
To: <www-math@w3.org>

Hello Jyrki,
Currently SciWriter supports named entities, like "&InvisibleTimes;"
and numeric character entities if these are encoded in the hexadecimal
notation, like "&#x02061;"

Obviously, looking at your few cases...

Name               Hexadecimal  Decimal
af                      &#x02061;    &#8289;
InvisibleTimes    &#x02062;     &#8290;
DifferentialD       &#x02146;     &#8518;
ExponentialE     &#x02147;     &#8519;

... Mathematica encodes some character entities with
the decimal notation.

I was not aware that there exist applications using
the decimal notation, so thanks for this hint.

It is a little effort to implement support for the decimal
notation. It will be present in a future releases of SciWriter.

Regards,
Bernhard Keil

mailto:Bernhard.Keil@soft4science.com
www.soft4science.com