Re: Options for inclusion of SVG and MathML in OpenReader format?

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 12:14:15 +0100
To: jon@noring.name
Cc: www-math@w3.org

Hi Jon,

Jon Noring <jon@noring.name> writes:

> Looking over the working draft I notice it has not moved forward for
> about three years. Anyone know the timetable towards Recommendation?
> Also, if this project had started today rather than 3+ years ago,
> would the specification be substantively quite different?

The HTML WG charter and roadmap mention further work on the note
<http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml-roadmap/#xhtml-math-svg> but it's
unclear if there's going to be a Recommendation. I would expect
the work to have been taken over by the compound document format
activity: <http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/>. Their charter doesn't mention
MathML though.

> To address your last comment, doesn't the new Opera 8 now support SVG?

Yes. SVG Tiny (one problem, which put me off straight away), is that
rendering just stops as soon as it encounters a polyline...

Max.