Re: Options for inclusion of SVG and MathML in OpenReader format?

From: Deepak, R. (Masatran, R.) <masatran@research.iiit.ac.in>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 15:07:48 +0530
To: www-math@w3.org

* Jon Noring <jon@noring.name> 2005-05-06
> So what mechanism(s) do the SVG and MathML experts recommend for
> inclusion of "islands" of SVG and MathML markup within XHTML 1.1
> documents? Also, do SVG and MathML provide their own media fallback
> mechanisms [see note below], or will we need to provide that?

Inline MathML and SVG do not provide fallback mechanisms.

> (I recall seeing an attempt at an XHTML+SVG+MathML DTD/Schema. I also
> recall reading that using the <object> tag for inclusion of SVG and
> MathML is not recommended. Are my recollections correct?)

An XHTML + MathML + SVG Profile (W3C Working Draft 9 August 2002):
3.1.  XHTML as the Host Language
<http://www.w3.org/TR/XHTMLplusMathMLplusSVG/#howto-xhtml>.
Mozilla browsers handle XHTML and MathML, but not SVG.
--
Deepak, R. (Masatran, R.) <http://research.iiit.ac.in/~masatran/>