multi-lingual/cross-cultural maths using MathML?

From: Andreas Strotmann <Strotmann@rrz.uni-koeln.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:33:53 +0100
To: www-math@w3.org

We have recently started a project aimed at language-independent
authoring of mathematical content combined with multi-lingual rendering
engines for that content.[1]

There have been a few discussions on this list about similar issues.  I
would like to request pointers to literature that discusses multilingual
and multicultural math issues, but most particularly I would like to
know if someone is aware of efforts to create MathML
content-to-presentation stylesheets for languages other than English.

Thanks!

  -- Andreas Strotmann

[1]www.webalt.net