RE: [XQueryX] reuse MathML Content Markup to represent XQuery in XQueryX

From: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:01:25 -0000
To: "'Frank Yung-Fong Tang'" <franktang@gmail.com>, <www-math@w3.org>, <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

> 1. Have anyone consider or try to spec out a XQueryX proposal that use
> the MathML Content Markup as spec out in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/chapter4.html to express XQuery into XML
> syntax ? It looks like the MathML content markup should be powerful to
> express most of the XQuery syntax, even the XPath part.

No, I don't think anyone has looked at this possibility. I've no idea
whether the idea has any merit. If you feel it has, I suggest you write a
paper on the topic for an XML conference. If it seems to offer benefits, I'm
sure someone will pick it up.

> 2. Any one have experience of using XQuery with MathML content markup?

Not that I'm aware of. There's a lot of experience using XSLT, however.

Michael Kay
Saxonica Limited