Re: [XQueryX] reuse MathML Content Markup to represent XQuery in XQueryX

From: Frank Yung-Fong Tang <franktang@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:17:22 -0500
To: Michael Kay <mhk@mhk.me.uk>
Cc: www-math@w3.org, public-qt-comments@w3.org

Generalize two issues and redesign abstraction to reuse exising
facility is always harder than invent a new one in the short term.

> I've no idea whether the idea has any merit.
Probably none untill someone try to use both of them to build a system
when one set of data model are stored in MathML Content Markup (say
"all the y on Y = x^2 + 4x -3" and the other "all the y on Y = 4*x^3
-2") and the other half store the query inside XQuery (say youc an
switch between  "Find all the Z element which no child of Z have value
y fit into the line of Y" and "Find all the Z elements which it's
parent have a attribute that it's value y fig the line of Y ). It will
be nice if both model use the same 'language' to store the math model.

--
Frank Yung-Fong Tang
譚永鋒