Re: Semantic information for math representations of physics

From: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 11:37:37 -0500
To: www-math@w3.org

JB Collins <joebmath@yahoo.com> writes:

> . . .
> Perhaps this answers your question about what I really
> want to do, and that IS the more ambitious goal of
> creating a web-based standard - most likely coupled to
> the use of TeX/LaTex, the de facto standard for many
> technical authors.

I must confess confusion about exactly what you want to do.

It may (or may not) be helpful for you to know that gellmu provides a
bridge from LaTeX to XML in various ways.  Its "article" document type
has (and eventually will have more) element attributes for providing
the level of extensibility an author might want in order to have
translation to semantic formats.  Moreover, it should be possible
using gellmu's newcommand facility to write things out concisely.

                                    -- Bill