Re: When to stretch parentheses

From: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:53:34 -0600
To: mf@w3.org
Cc: Stephan.Semirat@ac-grenoble.fr, davidc@nag.co.uk, Vincent.Quint@inria.fr, www-math@w3.org

Hi Max,

I think I just did you an injustice.  One of my colleagues just
pursuaded me that when you wrote

> Or rather that the spec does not specify the best rendering in this
> case. But consider another example:

you merely meant that the spec doesn't say anything about what the
best way of typesetting a given mathematical expression, and not
that the spec doesn't specify how the specific MathML markup in
question should render.

Sorry.

--Robert

Dr. Robert Miner                                RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com