Re: When to stretch parentheses

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:48:52 GMT
To: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr
Cc: www-math@w3.org

> Is my reasoning right? Or should Amaya do the same as Mozilla?

The text comes from MathML 1 before I joined the group, but my
understanding has always been that you are right: elements with an
"implied mrow" should behave in all respects as if the implied mrow were
actually there. So in this case, the parentheses should stretch to a size
determined by the (implied) mrow containing all the children of the
outer math element.

http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew

http://www.star.net.uk