Re: background and mathbackground on mstyle

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:35:59 GMT
To: mikeday@yeslogic.com
Cc: www-math@w3.org

> which background attribute should be applied?

Thanks for asking this question.

I would have said that it was mathbackground (blue) as background is
deprecated in favour of mathbackground, but the spec doesn't say that
(it does say that color is deprecated in favour of mathcolor).

I suspect that that is an error.

Either background isn't deprecated,in which case the specification
should explictly say what to do in your case where it clashes with
mathbackground, or it is deprecated, in which case the spec should say it
is deprecated.

Either way, I think we need a small erratum to the REC, but the answer
to your question is "blue". Note however this is a personal response not
checked with the WG (ignoring the fact that officially, currently, there
isn't a WG).

http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew

http://www.star.net.uk