Re: <mi> 1 </mi>

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:11:55 +1100 (EST)
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: www-math@w3.org

> In this case (planck) they may well have agreed, but in others such as
> double struck C
> 2102 DOUBLE-STRUCK CAPITAL C
> they probably had (a bit) more reason to refuse to classify this as "the
> complex numbers" and allow 1D39A as a generic double strck C.

Right, I see their point if it applies to other examples as well.

It is a bit strange though, to see the unassigned code point just sitting
there between G and I, and will require implementations to have special
case code or a mapping table rather than just mapping the whole range in
one go. Such is life :)

Thanks again,

Michael

--