Re: MathML application developers

From: William F Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:52:32 -0500
To: www-math@w3.org

Paul Libbrecht <paul@activemath.org> writes:

> . . .
> Currently, this is "dirty" MathML which includes html and hence can
> only be viewed in Mozilla, we have, internally, a version that
> displays in MSIE+MathPlayer. . . .

I don't understand what "dirty" means here.  Could you clarify?

For example, do you refer to the use of HTML elements like "em" and
"strong" inside "mtext"?  (Is it the case that IE+MathPlayer does not
handle "em" and "strong" inside "mtext"?)

I, for one, would like to see a short list of HTML elements such as
"em", "strong", "kbd", and "a" written into the content model
of "mtext".

                                    -- Bill

P.S.  Someone involved with the production of an online math journal
has suggested to me that "math" should also be permitted inside
"mtext", but I'm not inclined to agree with that.