Re: subscript context xslt analysis

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:47:53 GMT
To: hypernexdev@hypernexinc.com
CC: www-math@w3.org

> Is there some distinction that I am overlooking

Your markup is dropping in to presentation mathml far too early so you
are losing semantic information.

To select the ith element of an array I would use

<apply>
 <selector/>
 <ci>x</ci>
 <ci>i</ci>
</apply>

Not
  <ci type="double">
      <msub>
      <mi>x</mi>
      <mi>i</mi>
    </msub>
  </ci>

> or is it possible to have more types defined for example:

The list of types is actually defined as being open, with just a
suggested set of types in the REC.

You can also use definitionURL attributes (or attributes in your own
namespace) to carry any extra information that you need.

http://www.star.net.uk