Re: Content mathml - partial diffs, ranges

Jiri.Jirat wrote:

> Hello,
>  I have some questions about content MathML.
>
> How would you write  the following equations in content MathML?:
>
> 1)
>
> E = 10-200 keV
>
> (energy E is in range 10 to 200 keV)

I would use a csymbol element for the range. The problem is that you
need to do something with the definitionURL attribute. One way is to
supply a document that will define what you mean by this, this could be
in a variety of formats for all the MathML spec cares, e.g. an OpenMath
Content Dictionary (see http://www.openmath.org), or an OMDoc document
(see http://www.mathweb.org/omdoc), or a plain html+mathml document.

<apply>
   <eq/>
   <ci>E</ci>
   <apply>
     <times>
     <apply>
       <csymbol definitionURL="http://www.example.org/ranges#range"/>
      	<cn>20</cn>
         <cn>100</cn>
     </apply>
     <csymbol definitinURL="http://.../units/energy/keV">
       <mo>keV</mo>
     </csymbol>
   </apply>
</apply>

> 2)
>
>  / dy \	      / dz \
> |  --  |   = |  --  |
>  \ dx / z     \ dx / y
>
> ie.: dy/dx when z is constant
> is equal to
> dz/dx when y is constant.
>
> BTW.: how to express in content MathML, that
> "x" is constant?
>

> Thank you very much for your suggestions.

I would probably also use appropriate csymbol elements as well, I do not
think that there are pre-defined symbols in MathML.

hope this helps.

Michael
> Regards
> Jiri Jirat

    Prof. Dr. Michael Kohlhase,         Office: Research 1, Room 62
    Professor for Computer Science      Campus Ring 12,
    School of Engineering & Sciences    D-28758 Bremen, Germany
    International University Bremen     tel/fax: +49 421 200 3140/3103
    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~kohlhase     e-mail:
<m.kohlhase@iu-bremen.de>