Local copy of XSLT style sheet doesn't work

From: Troy <troy.martin@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:57:28 -0800
To: <www-math@w3.org>
I followed the recommendations for "putting mathematics on the web using
MathML", but I can't get the XSLT style sheets to work with Internet
Explorer version 6.0 service pack1. I copied all four of the style sheets to
my web server and put a small test page with embedded MathML in the same
folder as the style sheets. The xml stylesheet instruction refers to
mathml.xsl in the correct folder, but when I try to view my test page,
Internet Explorer appears to download mathml.xsl and try to execute it
locally. I get an error message that indicates the file could not be found
in my temporary internet files folder. Any idea what's wrong?

Here's a link to the file I'm talking about:

The xslt style sheets are in the same folder as the
"crossBrowserExample.xhtml" file. The page displays properly in Netscape
7.1, just not in Internet Explorer.

Here's the error message I get:

  The XML page cannot be displayed
  Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

  The system cannot locate the resource specified. Error processing resource
'file:///D:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Temporary
Internet Files/Content.IE5/8D6N0HQB/mathml.xsl'.

Thanks for your help,

Troy Martin