Re: menclose (follow-up)

From: Genevieve Habel <ghabel@cogniscienceinc.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:10:29 -0400
Cc: Genevieve Habel <ghabel@cogniscienceinc.com>
To: www-math@w3.org
(follow-up)

We are not currently using menclose for strikes, but after reading all
the emails about this issue, I am considering the possibility of
batch-processing our XML,  changing <strike> to <menclose>.

menclose
The "notation" attribute of menclose markup should have a longdivfrench
value. The rendering is completely different between longdivEnglish and
longdivFrench and there is a small difference between longdivFrench in
Canada and longdivFrench in France.

In our company, we have decided not to use the menclose markup for long
divions markuping. I have decided to implement a new set of markups to
encode the long division in a way that the XML/MathML is the same for
rendering both English and French. The logical blocks are longdiv
(parent of), dividend, divisor and quotient.

Genevieve Habel
R&D CogniScience
ghabel@cogniscienceinc.com