From: Pepping, Simon (ELS) <S.Pepping@elsevier.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:32:39 +0100
To: "'MathML list'" <www-math@w3.org>

In the spec I have not found a description of a feature like LaTeX's
\boldmath. In other words, how does a MathML formula react to font settings
in its enclosing environment, esp. bold font? We will definitely require
such a feature, e.g. in bold titles. I would not like to see each token
separately tagged as bold.

Would the CSS style attribute be the way to specify this:
style="font-weight: bold" ? I see that Mathplayer interprets it this way. In
Mozilla it does not seem to have any effect.

With kind regards,
Simon Pepping
DTD Development and Maintenance