Re: HOWTO implement cross-browser-compatible MathML

On 16 Oct 2002, William F Hammond wrote:
> > We had a working cross-platform technique over six years ago.
> > (And it still works today.)
> >
> >     http://minse.org/
>
> Yes, I guess minse was around that long ago.
>
> But in the context of the question I think that "cross-platform" means
> native user agent rendering of XHTML+MathML under Amaya, all
> platforms, Mozilla 1.0, all platforms, NetScape 7.0, all platforms, IE
> 6.0 + MathPlayer plugin for win32 and MacOS, and cooperating Gecko
> based user agents.
>
> ("All platforms" is not literally true: it means *ix, win32, and Mac.)
>
> Most of these user agents simply were not handling MathML six years
> ago.

MINSE enabled all of these user agents and more, including text-mode
browsers, on all platforms, to display math six years ago (and today),
without authors having to jump through the hoops necessary to get MathML
to appear in just the particular browsers and configurations you listed.

-- ?!ng