Re: HOWTO implement cross-browser-compatible MathML

Ka-Ping --

> On 16 Oct 2002, William F Hammond wrote:
> > In fact, that we have a working cross-platform technique is something
> > short of a miracle.  (Thanks to David Carlisle for it.)
>
> We had a working cross-platform technique over six years ago.
> (And it still works today.)
>
>     http://minse.org/

Yes, I guess minse was around that long ago.

But in the context of the question I think that "cross-platform" means
native user agent rendering of XHTML+MathML under Amaya, all
platforms, Mozilla 1.0, all platforms, NetScape 7.0, all platforms, IE
6.0 + MathPlayer plugin for win32 and MacOS, and cooperating Gecko
based user agents.

("All platforms" is not literally true: it means *ix, win32, and Mac.)

Most of these user agents simply were not handling MathML six years
ago.

                                    -- Bill