Re: Putting mathematics on the Web with MathML(Chinese version)

From: Max Froumentin <mf@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:20:06 +0100
To: "Patrick D. F. Ion" <ion@ams.org>
Cc: www-math@w3.org

You wrote:

> I've got MR's resident Chinese mathematician to look the
> translation over. Big 5 is a fine encoding for that, in
> principle.  He remarks immediately hat the coding as it
> is seems wrong.

This is how it looks on Mozilla/Linux:

http://people.w3.org/maxf/tmp/moz.gif

and on IE6/WinXP:

http://people.w3.org/maxf/tmp/ie.gif

I have reports that it displays similarly on MacOS X (moz and IE),
and IE6/Win2000, but I haven't been able to try IE5 or IE5.5.

Do you really think that it's the encoding that is wrong? Let me know
so I can remove it from the site.

Max.