Re: Character Entities: An XML Core WG View

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:18:55 GMT
To: hammond@math.albany.edu
CC: www-math@w3.org

> It is correct, isn't it, that the value of a general entity name does
> not depend on the current XML namespace.

true, although there isn't really a notion f current namespace at all,
although I assume you mean the namespace of the element or attribute
in which the character appears. XMl entity definitions are always global
to the document. So in any given document &asymp; expands to the same
definition regardless of the element in which it is contained.