MathML question

From: jkpascal <jkpascal@utk.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:42:57 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-math@w3.org
I am working on a website including heavy mathematics.

I am trying to implement MathML on both IE and Mozilla.

I save my files as xml files, but i cannot include such mathml features as

&InvisibleTimes;, &alpha; , etc...

If i save them as xhtml files, mozilla will read all the mathml characters
but then ie doesn't even know how to open an xhtml file.

If i include a doctype decleration, then mozilla does a better job of
understanding the mathml code, but IE can't handle the doctype command
given for the xml document.

Any help in understanding this problem would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

pasquale
pasqualerinaldi@utk.edu