Re: MathML DOM irregularity - set/getDomainOfApplication

From: Ron Ausbrooks <ron.ausbrooks@mackichan.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:52:56 -0600
To: "'www-math@w3.org'" <www-math@w3.org>
Hi, Mark,

(Again, apologies for the long delay in responding. Did finally see the
message, and this has been dealt with in the update errata and corrected DOM
bindings.)

You wrote:
>I would like to point out another irregularity in the MathML DOM.
get/setDomainOfApplication is declared in MathMLContentContainer and >the
subinterface MathMLApplyElement. Which is it meant to be? I would have
though in MathMLApplyElement, since
><domainofapplication> is usually a child of <apply> (and
<domainofapplication> uses the MathMLContentContainer interface).
This was an unfortunate oversight. It should appear only on the superclass
(MathMLContentContainer), but apparently wasn't removed from
MathMLApplyElement when it was added to the other.

Thanks,
ron.