Re: Presentation Markup and Content Markup

From: Leonardo B. Lopes <leo@iems.nwu.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:49:58 -0600 (CST)
To: arul selva <selva_tct@yahoo.com.au>
cc: www-math@w3.org
As I understand it, content markup is simpler, because it eliminates all
formatting tags. Presentation markup can still be used to convey content
(I think mathematica took this approach). If you are writing a parser
for an application that does not need to worry about presentation, you can
simplify your code and make it more elegant by using content markup.

I also have the impression that presentation markup does not represent the
objects in quite as convenient a grammar for computation applications. I
don't know the specifics, because I basically do not deal with
presentation markup.

Cheers,
Leo.

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, [iso-8859-1] arul selva wrote:

>  i couldnt understand the purpose of  Presentation
> Markup and Content Markup.. what is the different
> between those two, other than the tag. could you pls
> explain ?
>

> http://movies.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Movies
> - Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.

Leonardo B. Lopes                                       leo@iems.nwu.edu
Ph.D. Student                                              (847)491-8470
IEMS - Northwestern University              http://www.iems.nwu.edu/~leo