Re: ϖ in xhtml-symbol.ent

"Sean M. Burke" <sburke@cpan.org> wrote:

> If it turns out that the W3C has taken some solemn oath that it would
> sooner fall on its swords than helpfully overreach its "scope" by one iota
> (or pi), then maybe I, a humble supplicant ignorant of its courtly ways,
> can convince it to simply add this descriptive line excerpted from entry
> 03d6 of the Holy Infallible And Incorrigible Unicode Standard (All Glory Be
> Upon It):
> "= greek small latter omega pi; used as a technical symbol; a variant of
> pi, looking like omega"

We had a hassle about U+03C6 and U+03D5.  I very much hope it won't
happen again, but given that experience, I'd rather avoid duplicating
descriptions.

  cf. http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr28/#7_2_greek

And with all due respect, if people want a usage note about "greek
pi symbol", especially in mathematics, MathML would be a more
appropriate place than XHTML.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org