Re: My experiences with MathML -- notes from a non-professional.

From: Ka-Ping Yee <ping@zesty.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:15:38 -0500 (EST)
To: Paul PIkowsky <pksky@finestplanet.com>
cc: <www-math@w3.org>

Hello, Paul.  Thanks for writing.

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Paul PIkowsky wrote:
> After about a year of trying to
> publish simple text with equations to the internet, I have decided that
> it is at this point completely impractical using the available
> technology.  It is the gravest disappointment to me that the technology
> established by the World Wide Web Consortium for doing precisely this
> has failed me in my goals.

There is another alternative.  MINSE lets you type equations directly
into your HTML in a simple, human-readable form, and the equations can
be displayed in any browser (even a text browser).  This lets you edit
your documents using almost any HTML editor, or just a text editor.

I refer you to earlier messages on this list:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2002Oct/0014.html
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2002Oct/0028.html

or see the entire thread in reverse chronological order at:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2002Oct/index.html

Thank you for your efforts, and good luck to you in your quest.

-- ?!ng