Re: Assignment Vs conditions

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 01:46:58 +0100
To: jimbofc@yahoo.com
CC: bill@scl.csd.uwo.ca, www-math@w3.org

> I know I'm missing something; what is is?

<sin/> is essentially just the same as <csymbol definitionURL="the
mathml spec">sin</csymbol>

You can infer something is a function just by its being in the first arg
of apply. f(x) for an variable function f can be encoded as
<apply>
<ci>f</ci>
<ci>x</ci>
</apply>

Unlike some programming languages there is not really a difference
between "functions" and "objects"  one man's object is another man's
function, it's just a matter of how you view the object.