Re: IEEE 754 (or 854) floating point arithmetics with MathML

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 17:17:32 GMT
To: z.hurak@c-a-k.cz
CC: www-math@w3.org, Robert.Hornych@quick.cz

> Since then (march 2001), no change.

The errata document

lists a change in March confirming that float was not intended to be an
allowed value (basically it was a name in earlier drafts for e-notation)
I'm sorry if you reported that and didn't get notified when the errata
document was updated.

> How can I encode IEEE 754 floating point arithmetic
There is no specific IEEE float (unlike Openmath where <OMF/> is
explictly IEEE.)

but in both cases it is is essentially arbitrary precision numbers. You
can use a definitionURL attribute to override this semantics, perhaps
pointing at IEEE or maybe at openmath.org.