Re: Reservations about <mchar>

From: Andreas Strotmann <strotman@nu.cs.fsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 09:58:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
cc: rbs@maths.uq.edu.au, www-math@w3.org
> If for example you are making a lot of use of latin1 characters, you
> probably have your editing environment set up for latin 1 and so
> typing e acute character is probably a lot easier than entering
> &eacute;.

Actually, not so, from my personal experience:  I've always had "American"
style keyboards for my UNIX type work environment in Germany, which
therefore was not set up for Latin1;  consequently, it has always been my
habit to use &auml; etc.  (my memory for numbers is lousy).

Just my $.02...

    Andreas