Re: minor comments for CR-MathML2-20001113

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:54:31 GMT
To: lesch@w3.org, www-math@w3.org

PS

> In April [2], when the Last Call Working Draft was proofed, image
> backgrounds came up. They are still transparent, and should probably
> be white, so that readers with user style sheets set to a dark
> background can read them. (This is a bigger job than I would volunteer
> for, but maybe the comment will help.)

I'll need to modify the scripts to ensure that the examples in
the introduction where this is discussed stay with a transparent bg.

the introduction says the following which doesn't make sense if the
image isn't transparent:

A second point to observe is that the equation image
was generated against a white background. Thus, if a reader or
browser resets the page background to another color, the
anti-aliasing in the image results in white
<quote>halos</quote>.

http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp