Re: examples don't show that entities are deprecated

From: Robert Miner <rminer@geomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:54:12 -0500
To: connolly@w3.org
CC: www-math@w3.org

Hi.

> The spec says
> 	"MathML characters can also be represented via entity
>          references, although this practice is deprecated in MathML
> 2.0."
>
> 		-- http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/chapter3.html
>
> and yet it's full of examples that use them. Readers are going
> to pay attention to the examples at *least* as much as they
> will pay attention to that very quiet and subtle admonition.

Yeah, this was the result of an unfortunate miscommunication during
the preparation of the last call draft.  I incorrectly thought entity
references were going to be changed programmatically to the <mchar
name=""/> form by the production scripts, but in fact, chapter editors
were supposed to do it by hand.

It has been fixed now.

--Robert

Robert Miner                          http://www.webeq.com