Re: Charset and MathML

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 14:50:57 +0100
To: kostya_silver@yahoo.com
CC: www-math@w3.org

> I failed to find the way to use different charsets in MathML.
> Does anyone know?

Use of unicode should make (most) different charsets unnecessary.
the 8bit section matches latin1 so you don't see cyrillic there,
but to use cyrillic, rather than switch code pages, you just use
a different area of unicode (I was going to check which area exactly
but my connection to www.unicode.org's too slow today)

(You could use the entity names from ISOCYR1, but from a Russian
keyboard it would probably be more convenient to just have it set up to
enter unicode characters directly)