Re: Charset and MathML

From: Kostya Serebriany <kostya_silver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 07:13:25 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-math@w3.org

---David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

> Use of unicode should make (most) different charsets unnecessary.
> the 8bit section matches latin1 so you don't see cyrillic there,
> but to use cyrillic, rather than switch code pages, you just use
> a different area of unicode (I was going to check which area exactly
> but my connection to www.unicode.org's too slow today)
>
> (You could use the entity names from ISOCYR1, but from a Russian
> keyboard it would probably be more convenient to just have it set up
> enter unicode characters directly)

Hello, again.

The character data may consist of ASCII characters and MathML entities.
And these are not my words
(check MATML/REC-MathML/chapter2.html#sec2.3).
But using entity names from ISOCYR1 is just like crazy.
One page of ordinary Russian text will be 20K or more?
I still don't know what to do.

Kostya