Re: Windows clipboard (again)

From: Robert Miner <rminer@geom.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 13:57:38 -0500 (CDT)
To: www-math@w3.org
Cc: pault@mathtype.com, aldiaz@us.ibm.com

Hi.

Kostya Serebriany made the following post to www-math@w3.org:

> We are developing some kind of mathimatical software (curently for
> Windows only) and we want to copy/paste math from/to other aplications.
> Is there some standard 'named type for negotiation' for MathML? If
> there isn't - let us make it.
> I think 'Mathematical Markup Language' or 'MathML' will be ok.
>
>   MMLFormat = RegisterClipboardFormat ("MathML");
>   smth = GetClipboardData (MMLFormat);
>
> is better then checking the contents of clipboard for legal MML
> syntax.

I don't know if anyone else has dealt with this yet.  "MathML" sounds
good to me.  However, I have copied Paul Topping from Design Science
(MathType equation editor) and Angel Diaz (IBM techexplorer) on this
message, since one or both of them may have something else in the
works.

I propose that if no one responds on this issue within week, we assume
that "MathML" will become the de facto standard.

--Robert Miner