HAVE_APPKIT_H check inappropriate for Mac OS X

Hello folks,

An earlier posting, back some years ago, noticed the problem with
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(appkit/appkit.h appkit.h) in configure.ac on Mac OS X.

Shortly, the WWW-library checks for appkit.h or appkit/appkit.h and
wrongly include this header on Mac OS X in wwwsys.h. The bootstrap
procedure worked back some years ago for me, but GCC's ability to
include header files case insensitive (<appkit/appkit.h> <=>
<AppKit/AppKit.h>) may be the reason for current failure. (?) I'm using
gcc 4.0.1.

If it should be left, I suggest we introduce a NEXTSTEP host-switch,
like the MINGW32 and the CYGWIN. But if it shouldn't be left, I suggest
we uncomment the line with a short comment. There is no need for this
header on Mac OS X.

I would greatfully apprecate hints how to fix this, without relaying on
changing configure.ac all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Roggan