Re: Patch to greatly speed up repeated requests

Arthur Smith wrote:

> A patch to fix these is attached - obtained by CVS diff -c of my
> version relative to the most recent CVS version from the repository.
> It greatly speeds up repeated profile creations, and I don't see any
> significant downside. I hope to hear this has been applied in the
> repository version.

Most excellent !

I will read through your patch and give it a try.  Perhaps if several
folks will also give it a try after the commit, we can have some measure
of cross platform test satisfaction.  My environment allows me to test
it under a recent vintage of linux (fc4) and a slightly customized
NetBSD . . .

Although it would be nice if we had some nice set of unit tests to show
that it does not introduce some regression.  Are there any extreme
programming style unit test frameworks out there for which someone has
an affection . . .

more,
l8r,

america sig