RE: share libraries on UNIX

From: Samuel Soliz <samuel.soliz@quest.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 08:49:24 -0600
To: <heitkamp@ameritech.net>
Cc: <www-lib@w3.org>

Your correct, a permanent fix is preferred; however, it depends on how
much time you spend looking for the flag.  This is a common problem.
Take a look at any UNIX box's /usr/lib directory and you will see
similar symbolic link fixes. One reason for the symbolic links is to
handle library revisions.

Yes, it's a temporary fix, but its fast and the script/links are only
created once.  It's a 5 minute fix, allowing you to concentrate on your
application, unless your task is to find this special flag.

Sam