Re: Kickstart

From: Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:40:35 -0500 (EST)
To: Adam A R <ambadas_adam@infosys.com>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Adam A R wrote:

> The sample app LineMode that comes with the distribution is good one.
> But, I am lost in trying to trace the code which actually does the work.

The register callback, event driven processing is fun !  Almost all the
work of HTBrowse.c happens inside the event loop after things are set up,

    /* Go into the event loop... */
    HTEventList_loop(request);

This of course does many wonderful things using the your functions.  To
understand the many of the mechanisms, try reading,

  libwww/Library/src/HTReqMan.c

There are also some very specific programs to illustrate various
techniques for using the library in particular ways in

  libwww/Library/Examples

Of particular interest for me recently is the simple rdf_parse_file.c.

> Please point me to the 'step by step usage guide to libwww'.

I guess you have also checked out the library user documents like,

  libwww/Library/User/Start.html

more,
l8r,

No bugs were harmed in the development of this software.

http://elvis.dlogic.org/~bancroft/tiki