Re: Open more than one HTTP request to a host?

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 06:14:09PM +1100, Tim Serong wrote:
> I've spent some time digging through the mailing list archives trying to
> find out how to open more than one simultaneous HTTP request to a given
> host.  I have found some older (> 2 years) posts that say "you can't".
> Can anyone tell me if this is still the case?

I think so, yes, at least for HTTP requests to the same port. However, IMHO
this is a good decision, at least for pipelined HTTP hosts. (FTP/HTTP1.0 is
a different matter.)

As always with libwww, it's probably possible to play some dirty tricks to
get around the limitation. For this, you somehow need to fool HTHost_new()
into creating another host object. For example, it might be possible just
to append "." to the hostname for a second connection.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _