Re: how to check whether the remote servlet is up and running

From: Richard Atterer <richard@list03.atterer.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 19:16:28 +0200
To: vijayanand sankar <vijayanands@yahoo.com>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org

Hi Vijay,

On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 04:47:08PM -0700, vijayanand sankar wrote:
> Can someone tell me how I can find out if the remote servlet is up and
> running or not using libwww. Is there some api that tells whether the
> http connection is successful before I start the communication with the
> servlet.

Do you *really* need to know whether the HTTP connection is up, or is it OK
if you are just informed of any error conditions (couldn't resolve DNS,
connect timed out) by libwww? In that case, just register a handler which
gets called when anything happens to your request, using HTNet_addAfter() -
or if this is not enough, look at HTAlert_add().

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _