Problem with fast posts

From: Hanspeter Halle <hphalle@t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:26:26 +0100
To: www-lib@w3.org

We are using libwww in a WAP Gateway to perform the HTTP requests. Gets are
working fine but the posts are broken if  the www server supports pipelining
and 2 posts are to be made in a short intervall. What happens is the
following:

- TCP link to server is established through any request and the server
  signals to support pipelining.

- 1st post request comes in and the post header is sent out. This starts a 2s
  timer which should trigger the data output

- Before the timer expires the 2nd post is to be executed and the header
  of this is sent out at once. Again a timer is started.

- Timer expires and data of post 1 is sent  .OR.
  Server complains about missing data

I tracked this down by studying the libwww logs and the code but I would
request some help in how to fix this bug. Hope somebody is able to do this.

Thanks,
Hanspeter