libwww/SSL configuration on Solaris 8

From: Chris B <maverick_coder@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:36:34 -0800 (PST)
To: www-lib@w3.org

I have successfully built (gcc 3.1) an application
that performs posts over HTTPS on Solaris.

I installed openssl.0.9.6g on a machine without a
build environment, copied the application files,
libraries, and setup the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

HTTPS posts on this machine fail. The only message
that is printed is:
Contacting servername

I only have three solaris machines to test on. The two
with development environments both work, the cleanly
installed machine with openssl installed does not.

Is anyone aware of additional steps that are required?
I didn't see anything in the documentation.

Thanks,
MC