Response times too long...

From: Tanmay Patwardhan <tpthesis@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:47:51 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi all,
My client applications access a web service. I found that for similar server
processsing, the response time for:

1. Java client with java http classes was: 210 milliseconds
2. Curl command line client: 400 milliseconds
3. libwww C client was: 600+ milliseconds.

I read the messages related to the HTTP_setBodyWriteDelay and have set it to
25 millis (so that shoulndt be the main reason of the delay)

Could anyone direct me to a reason for this slow behaviour - also a possible
workaround/hack that would speed things up in libwww.

Thanks,
Tanmay

Tanmay Patwardhan