Re: WebDav support

Hi!

Gregory Begelman wrote:

>Hello,
>
>  I've found a discussion concerning this topic but it is pretty old. Is such functionality added to libwww?

At this exactly moment, it seems to me that there isn't a support for
WebDAV in Libwww CVS code base. But, if you like, I built a WebDAV
module for Libwww. It implements all new methods proposed in RFC 2518
(lock, unlock, proppatch, propfind, etc). If you wants to try it, it's
available at http://gnome.inrialpes.fr:1959/src/libwwwDAV.tar.gz.

About your other question :

>Hello,
>
>  I need to work with server with "HTTP-like" protocol but request names are not as in HTTP standart, e.g. there is not such a thing like GET or POST but instead there is MAKE_XXX, e.g.
>  Can I add new methods to libwww?
>
>Best regards,
>Gregory

When I introduced the WebDAV module in Libwww, I've also introduce some
"extension methods". This methods are "undefined" methods, that the
applications may set. So, if your application needs some method that the
Libwww doesn't known, you may "register" the new methods using this new
feature. I think that feature may help you...

If you decided to try it, please, repport me any bug that you found...  :-)

Best regards,

Manuele