Connection timeout

From: Rob Corell <rcorell@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 11:38:56 -0600
To: <www-lib@w3.org>

	If I try to connect to a valid host with no HTTP server, I never seem to
get a timeout.  I've tried altering the various timeout values with
	HTHost_setEventTimeout();
	HTHost_setActiveTimeout(;
	HTHost_setPersistTimeout();

	...but to no avail.  I'm using the WWW_WIN_ASYNC environment, and the
connect function always returns WSAEWOULDBLOCK.  The event gets registered
with the event timeout, but it just tries again, gets another WSAEWOULDBLOCK
and resets the timer.

	Has anyone else seen this problem or know a solution other than making my
own timeout function?

	-Rob Corell
	Adobe Systems