Libwww

From: Robert Bjervås <Robert.XX.Bjervas@kiconsulting.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:20:05 +0100
To: <jose@w3.org>
Hi

My name is Robert and I am working with a old system writen in C. Now
the owner of the system wants to access other resources on the web. In
other words this system must act as a webclient.

I have found Libwww at W3C:s homepage and have some questions. It seems
that you are the administrator of Libwww.
Is it okey to ask some questions?

- What is the status of Libwww? Is the project dormant?
- Is Libwww stable? Is it good enough to include in an active business
system?
- Is it up-to-date with the more basic standards for http communication?
- More specific. Can Libwww handle SSL and cookies?
- Do you know if there are any better alternatives? Is there any project
at W3C for example that we can use?

Thanks
/Robert Bjervås