Re: Recommendation of wwwlib library

I have good things and not-so-good things to say about this code.  First
of all, it seems to be well-structured and well-organized as far as a
collaborative software development project goes.  I am not an expert on
HTTP protocol, but this API seems to have covered all the bases.
 However, I struggled for a number of days trying to figure how to use
this API to both read the header response and a chunked encoding of the
body.  It seems like I could only get the header by reading the response
in RAW mode, but then I couldn't decode the chunked encoding or visa
versa.  I have no doubt that I was doing something stupid because I
couldn't believe this capability did not exist in the API, but damn if I
couldn't figure it out simply by reading the
comments/documentation/email archives nor by my seemingly endless litany
of experiments.  Deadline pressures finally forced me into writing my
own code in order to achieve the desired results.

It's true, but sad: you get what you pay for!

-c.s.