Re: [FYI] New WIN32 Makefiles + DAV support

From: Richard Atterer <libwww@list02.atterer.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 21:53:53 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hello,

if you want to build libwww under Windows using mingw32 (a version of
GCC that doesn't make produced binaries depend on the Cygwin DLL),
here's a patch to enable mingw support. (I already posted this here
last October or so.)

Apart from applying the patch and re-bootstrapping, it is also
necessary to update the automake/libtool scripts to the latest
versions, since the ones from 5.3.2 do not yet support mingw.

This patch only allows you to build static libs, not DLLs. AIUI adding
DLL support the libtool way would be a bit of work...

In case anybody is interested, I've also put a precompiled mingw
libwww on my homepage; see the bottom of <http://atterer.net/jigdo/>

All the best,

  Richard

--